Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Coloring Easter Eggs!!

Like most families at this time of year, we colored Easter eggs the day before Easter. It is getting easier with the kids getting older. Of coarse Brenden did manage to spill a whole cup of dye all over the table, chair, and floor. Luckily everyone else was done and so it was a little easier to clean up. Isabelle didn't like to use the dipper that they give you to dip your egg into the dye. She said "my egg will fall off and I don't want all of my eggs to be one color, I want them to have different colors on them!" Wait until you see the pictures of her fingers. They were BLACK by the time we finished. Gene was worried about how we were going to get them clean for Easter Sunday. I did manage to get most of it off, with a little fingernail polish remover, rubbing alcohol, and sanitizer. Sadly enough, the sanitizer was what got most of it off!! A little scary, but it worked!!! :)
Man can you see the excitement in Tori's face?!?! This is how exciting it is when you become a tween! :) Really she had fun doing it, she just takes it a little more serious now. She was happy that I didn't make them dye eggs in their underwear this year, instead I let them wear old tee shirts! Dang I am a nice mom!!
This is Isabelle's fingers after dying a couple eggs
We had our neighbor Brianna come over and dye eggs with us. Brenden is always cool in everything he does, even if it is just dying eggs!!
This is how Isabelle dyed all the eggs!! See her fingers bathing in the dye! She can be so bullheaded sometimes. I even tried letting her use a spoon, but that didn't do what she wanted it to do! BTW Nate that is me in the background making a Denver Broncos egg!! :)
Here are her fingers closer to the end of dying eggs. She still managed to get them darker than that......................................amazing!

3 comments:

Amber said...

You are a fun mom! I am so lame...all I did was boil some eggs Sat. night, and put a few drops of food coloring in the water after. The kids thought it was cool to have pink eggs for breakfast...phew! :)

~ Katie said...

Hey Amy. Tori looks way to grown up. Wow! We actually died eggs this year for the very first time ever. Talk about a lame mom. I need to post some pix. Miss you guys...can't wait for July!

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

Nice isabelle who needs one of those dumb wire things anyway???