Monday, April 27, 2009

Easter morn/day and spring break downtown DC!!

Easter was just Easter this year, nothing too exciting! Although the Easter bunny did bring lots of candy to our house, and if you know us, we LOVE candy! We had a fun Easter egg hunt in the morning, luckily church isn't until 1:00. That evening we had Gene's parents over for Easter dinner. I miss the Munns Easter celebration, they never did the "nice" Easter dinner, we went up on the "hill" and rolled eggs down the mountain and roasted hot dogs over the fire for dinner. I prefer that over the ham, and rolls and all the dishes that come with a nice dinner.



Isabelle Easter morning, checking out all of her loot!! :)



Brenden stops checking out his stuff to give the camera half of a smile!




Tori is only half awake in this picture and would probably kill me if she knew I posted it on the blog! Good thing her "boyfriend" doesn't know our blog address!! :D




Isaac had to wait until after church to see what the Easter bunny brought him, b/c he slept through most of Easter morning!



Here they all are ready for church, the picture didn't turn out too good b/c I was doing it on my own, Gene had already left to go sing at another church before our church, and Isaac loves shadows, so he wouldn't look at me, just my shadow!




Easter weekend was also our spring break. We didn't have a lot planned, but the Monday after Easter we went into Washington DC in hopes of seeing some cherry blossoms. Unfortunately it was a very windy and rainy spring so most of the cherry blossoms had been blown off the trees. We did however luck out and get some nice weather which makes it nicer to walk around and see the sites, and play some frisbee. We even sat on a blanket and had hot dogs and pretzels.












6 comments:

Brooks, Amber & Maggie Jo said...

Fun Fun Fun! Love the last picture of Issac. Can't wait for you all to come this summer!!

Laura said...

All your pic are great, but I love your family one. very cute and original.

~ Katie said...

love the pictures....your family is so cute!

Amber said...

Cute pictures! I checked your blog before and closed it down because I thought I had seen this post already...I am glad I checked again because I hadn't!

Holly said...

I love your family picture in the tree. It was fun to talk to you the other day. I hope you didn't go to that thing after all. Plus, let's get together. I'll cook I promise.

Angela said...

It has been forever. Your kids are getting so big!!! You guys are such a cute family. We look forward to more updates. :)